Dieter Streve-Mülhens presents the motorsport photography of Rainer W. Schlegelmilch in an encyclopedia of the great drivers of their time. "The Great Challenge" series recounts the great races and their heroes, their victories, and defeats from 1962 until end of 2006. Expressive portraits are interspersed with thrilling racing scenes and photos documenting the spirit of the age.
Each copy of the limited edition is numbered calligraphically and personally signed by Dieter Streve-Mülhens and Rainer W. Schlegelmilch.
- Idea and conception by Dieter Streve-Mülhens (publisher and race driver of historic cars)
- Photography and graphic design by Rainer W. Schlegelmilch (involved in Formula 1 since 1962)
- Driver biographies are written by well-known motor racing journalists.
- J256 - 262 pages, landscape format 34 x 28 cm
- Bilingual text (German/English)
- Case and slipcase in library buckram
- Lenticular picture on front cover
- Slipcases in the helmet colours of the respective driver, Clark Era in Lotus colors
- Paper: 170 g/m2 Zanders Ikono matt
- Printing: black & white in triplex, 4-colour offset print, 200 lpi, both glossy
- It includes the acrylic stand